Welcome!

This is a blog about a boy and girl who fell in love. Now that they are married, they are learning how to live and love in a whole new way. The blogs written are meant to help, encourage, inspire and spread knowledge of their journey to anyone who wants to listen, even if it's just reminders for themselves.

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Pre Daniel Fast Memories

Today at church Pastor Sam was talking about fasting for the year 2011. He was saying for us to fast to see what God wants to direct us this year. It really spoke to my heart because at this time, Jason and I are unemployed and not knowing where God wants us to end up. We both have dreams of what we want to do, but unsure of how to go about them. Jason's dream is to open up his own business of being personal chef, going into peoples homes to make and freeze dinners for them for the coming week(s). I think he would be great at it and very successful. He has tons of information about it but doesn't have the revenue to start it up (which isn't much). My dream is to open a coffee/ tea shop and have special features like tea/coffee tastings, and tea/coffee pairings, along with pastries. Something simple but fun where I can interact with various people and give them a quiet, but fun, place to go.  God has put a passion for this in my heart about 6 months ago and I can't stop thinking about it. But of course, start up for that is extremely expensive, which we definitely don't have the money for.
I also want to pursue my photography even more but I'm afraid of the next step. My photos are my babies and if they got rejected, I would feel rejected. I need to step out in faith and just get it done.

See why a fast is such a good idea??

What caught my attention even more was when he said "Fasting focuses our hunger on God". For the past couple of days I have been thinking about a passage I read in "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan. He was talking about his wife's grandmother. She was so incredibly in love with God that just the sight of where she has her quiet time with God brought tears to her eyes because of the anticipation and excitement for meeting with him there the next day. How many of us actually cry and get that excited over our quiet time with God as is he was an actual person? I want to focus and grow my love for him so I can feel the same way as I have felt about seeing my husband.  What a perfect love!

I have never done a fast before but I am hoping that through journaling, reading the Bible, spending time with God instead of eating junk food haha, and putting faith in the fact that I can actually do it FOR HIM  will hopefully get me through it.
Wish me luck! I'm going to need it... My tummy will be screaming mac and cheese 5 hours into the fast...

No comments:

Post a Comment