Welcome!

This is a blog about a boy and girl who fell in love. Now that they are married, they are learning how to live and love in a whole new way. The blogs written are meant to help, encourage, inspire and spread knowledge of their journey to anyone who wants to listen, even if it's just reminders for themselves.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day Four of Daniel Fast (First full day of eating)

Day 4 of fasting 

I overslept this morning.. My phone died in the middle of the night, turning off my alarm clock.. I only love oversleeping when I haven't done it in a while, I have nothing going on the next day, or I'm sick.  I guess my body needed it.. It's been fighting the stupid cough for 4 weeks now.. Whatever. 

So today has been a little off. This will probably be a short note. I read more of Daniel and his wisdom. It's amazing what God did back then. Like, how he revealed himself. I read about the writing on the wall, when the King was drinking wine from stolen goblets from Jerusalem and God wrote on the wall with a "floating hand". Daniel had to come and interpret it. It basically said the King was going to fall (die). And that same night, he did. 
Why doesn't God do more stuff like that now? Maybe he is and we're not listening or watching? Maybe he knows that even if he did, there are too many unbelievers or doubters that they wouldn't believe it anyways. I wish I had the wisdom that Daniel had. To be able to interpret dreams and messages would be exhilarating, but obviously come with a price. 

End of Day 4
We had Mikey and Nikki over tonight and we played  Kinect sports. I wanted to get a work out in today. It totally counts... It was great to fellowship with friends. We had Daniel friendly stir-fry. Delicious.. 
I'm hoping tomorrow is a better day... maybe not sleeping in till half the day is gone.. Yea that would be great..

No comments:

Post a Comment