Welcome!

This is a blog about a boy and girl who fell in love. Now that they are married, they are learning how to live and love in a whole new way. The blogs written are meant to help, encourage, inspire and spread knowledge of their journey to anyone who wants to listen, even if it's just reminders for themselves.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day 2 of Daniel Fast

Start of Day 2 of Fasting

We made it through the night of day 1!! I thought I would be awake till 6 am craving weird things.. But I wore myself out and fell right to sleep.  No dreams about food yet, but I guess Jason had a dream that he forgot he was fasting and had a bite of pizza and realized what he had done and spit it out. Hahahaha  poor guy :) 

I woke up this morning feel so weak. Not only did I not want to wake up, but when I stood my legs felt a little shaky. I just need to drink more water. Plus, this is what we wanted. We want to break our bodies so we can be vulnerable to what God wants. We become alert without the body-satisfying distractions of food. 
Yesterday went better than I thought it would. I'm keeping my hopes up for today. What we lacked yesterday was time of prayer. We did have some, but I don't think it was enough. My goal for today is keeping my spirits up (not getting grumpy), and spending more time in prayer with God. If I don't I will get nothing out of this. 
Today I read Isaiah 58, Matthew 8,9 and 10.  In Isaiah it talked about "true fasting" If we get angry and raise our fists, through out nasty, bitter words during and because of our fast, we gain nothing. If we do not constantly think about how we need to change and how to change/ cut it out, we gain nothing. If we seek to change, do not get angry, do not use bitter words and "satisfy the needs of the oppressed", God will guide us. "The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy you needs in a sun-scorched land, and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail." - Isaiah 58:11
We will be blessed! He will keep us strong if we depend on him! 
Matthew 8,9 and 10 were about when Jesus went around preforming miracles. To read about how people had faith and put their faith in Him to heal them, and  their prayers were answered was great to read. I had read them before and knew the stories but since J and I are putting our faith in God, it's once again, encouraging to hear victorious an uplifting stories. 

End of Day 2
We made it through another day! I'm feeling really good. Jason and I had only been doing water for the past two days and around midnight tonight we decided that we needed juice. We had felt so weak all day and our stomachs were constantly growling. We hadn't been drinking a lot of water because we were sick of the lack of taste. I personally was afraid of dehydration. Also, everytime I went to stand up I almost blacked out haha. My blood sugar has always been low. It was time to put a little help into our systems. We have also decided that we are staying up until midnight tomorrow night so we can have our first Daniel fast snack. I've been making lists of grocery items we need, and what we can make. Everything sounds delicious. I was even dreaming about a potato with honey on it and wondering if it tasted the same as dipping french fries in honey. I started craving it.. One of the things I've learned while on this fast that the thought of the taste of food becomes so vivid it blows my mind away. I've been thinking about food that I haven't had in years, and I feel like I could actually taste it. The mind does crazy things.  
I am constantly astonished on how well J and my attitude is doing. It has to be a God thing, because I get a little irritated if I don't have food for half a day. We haven't fought once. I was in the shower and we had run out of soap. I was already feeling weak and I started getting frustrated that I did not have soap. I tried calling Jason but I couldn't call loud enough until the third try. I thought my attitude was going to turn sour... All of a sudden a wave came over me. I started laughing and smiling and I felt great! I felt so happy and uplifted and was giggling over the fact that I almost got so mad that I didn't have any soap in the shower. Earlier that day I prayed that God would hold us up and not allow us to get grumpy and keep reminding us why we were doing this. Even though laughing in the shower was a tiny gesture on his part, it restored my hope that God was really next to us and guiding us. That experience will hold tightly to me as a note of how to be in the future. Don't get frustrated at little things. They are not worth it. Laugh about it instead. It makes you feel 1,000 times better anyway.
That's all for the night. On to the last stretch of pure liquids.. Only one more day till food! 

No comments:

Post a Comment